Wednesday 12 September 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday - The down side to losing weight!

As you will know from last weeks WLW post I cant attend my weigh in for a few weeks so there wont be any weight updates for now. But this week I wanted to write about a weight loss issue I'm having!!

Now don't get me wrong the pro's hugely out weigh the con's when it comes to weight loss but one thing I am struggling with is......lose skin! Now its not like its hanging off my body but it definitely hasn't caught up with the fact I've lost weight.

I have lost six stone which is a big amount of weight. Unfortunately due to the fact I was on crutches for ten months it meant I couldn't do any exercise to accompany my diet. I know the sensible way is to do the two side by side which would mean you can tone up as you go but my body hasn't done that!

I think that a lot of people that are trying to lose weight assume that once they have lost their weight that they will be in a happier place.....that is mainly true but I would love to be much happier with my body. I love the fact that I can now go shopping and know my size and that so many more options have been opened in regards to shopping but what I hate is that I couldn't go on holiday and be happy with my body on the beach.

So now that I have been cleared to do more exercise I really want to get in to a routine that will see me achieve my dream beach body (but I think it will now be for next summer unless a miracle happens in the next couple of weeks and then I get whisked away to some hot place!! hehe)

Next summer I WILL look like this........
(...probably not but a girl can dream!)

So armed with my trainers and toning creams I'm off to the gym! ;)

Do you have any tips for toning up? Have you suffered with body issues despite losing the weight?

Stay Gorgeous 

Grace xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sagging skin is natural when you lose weight. One reason that occurs is because the skin hasn’t quite caught up with the weight loss to adequately fit the body. Maybe, you can add weight training to your routine because it can help tighten the skin after weight loss. Additionally, drink plenty of water. The skin needs to be rehydrated with water for it to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments, I love to read them!