Monday 9 May 2011

Eye Brow Perfection!

One of my favourite treatments to do as a beauty therapist has to be Eye Brow Shaping,  The reason for this I think is that quite simply I am a perfectionist! Your eye brows frame your face and if they are shaped well it can make a whole world of difference.

A huge amount of people are happy plucking away at their brows themselves, but for those of you who just can't be trusted when in charge of the tweezers, people like myself are on hand to help!  My most important piece of advice for people shaping their eye brows themselves is, when you hear yourself say "oooh I will just get that one little hair" put the tweezers down and step away from the mirror!  That one little hair can be the start of a disaster, you could go from looking hot to a hot mess with just one pluck, if you take that one hair and it doesn't look right you will take one more, and then another and before you know it you will have a line so thin we have to squint to see it!

So I am going to give you a guide that you can follow to help you achieve perfectly shaped eye brows.
Now before I start please remember you can only work with what you've got! You would be surprised how many times I have been asked for the eye brow book so my client could see what design they could have or if someone could have their eye brows like J-Lo, unfortunately it doesn't work like that, but fear not I have a few tricks up my sleeve!

The most important thing is to know where you should and shouldn't take the hair from,
This guide tells you exactly that.  You can use any thing from an eye liner pencil to an orange stick as a measuring guide.  Place your guide at the very edge of your nose and run it up so it passes through the inside corner of the eye (A) this shows where the eye brow should start, no further towards the bridge of the nose and definitely no further towards the eye!  Then with your guide in the same starting point, looking straight forward place it so it passes through the pupil of your eye (B), this will show you where the arch of your eye brow should be, and lastly place the guide so it runs in line from the nose to the outer corner of the eye (C), this is where the eye brow should end (some peoples eye brows wont be this long naturally).
As you measure these points out mark them with an eyeliner so you can see where to tweeze!

Now you are ready to remove the hair, I would still say tweeze with caution, remember you can always come back to it but you'll have a hard time sticking them back on!

When I shape my clients eye brows I tend to use a mixture of techniques, waxing, tweezing and threading.  All of these do the same thing but all have their own little advantages.  Waxing and tweezing have been around forever but threading has become very popular over the last couple of years, this technique allows the therapist to remove a row of hairs at one time and gives a very precise finish.

Now for those of you who have been a bit tweezer happy or just want a more definite look for your eye brows I have a great product that you will love!



Everlash Eye Brows is an amazing product that can help you achieve perfect J-Lo eye brows!  You simply choose the correct colour for you and then using a stencil you dab the powder on and hey presto brow perfection!

The palate pictured is my professional one with all the colours,  so you can see there are 8 to chose from so there will be a colour to suit you.  The retail kits come with one colour powder, a brush and three stencils.

The stencils come in three sizes, thin, natural and thick. They makes drawing on your eye brows so easy and the result is great.  To see how to use the everlash eye brow kit and to get a better look at how to measure your eye brows ready for shaping take a look at my video.

I hope this gives you more confidence when it comes to shaping your eye brows, but if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Stay Gorgeous

Grace x

1 comment:

  1. My eyebrows are a nightmare to shape! They are so uneven, naturally, that one side is almost bare without any makeup on. I've been curious about eyebrow stencils- thanks for the video! I might try to go find some to cut some time from my daily brow routine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments, I love to read them!